Skip to content
- Another Thank you to our wonderful parents for your support and help this season! We could not do this without you! Knights WIN AGAIN!!! District play starts this week. GO KNIGHTS!
- The CCISD instrument usage fee has been posted on skyward. This charge is separate from the band fees as this is from the district. Any students using school owned instruments must pay this fee. The fee can be paid online for skyward or taken straight to the bookkeeper at CFHS. Please see the handbook pg. 13 for more details. In addition, the band directors will not collect this fee. It may be paid in installments throughout the year.
- September 28th is the UIL six weeks grading check. Any student not passing ALL
of their classes will not be able to attend football games or compete for contests starting on October 5th. They will not have the opportunity to regain eligibility until the October 12th grading check. Students that are not eligible for the October 12th grading period will not be able to march at UIL or Area marching contest. ALL BAND STUDENTS MUST PASS ALL OF THEIR CLASSES!
- Parents please park in the parking lot on game and contest nights to pick up your students. We use the horseshoe in front of the school for unloading the buses. Also, the first 4-6 spaces in the parking lot area outside of the band hall are where the 18 wheeler unloads. Thank you for your help in this regard.
- We sent out a Spring Trip Letter of Intent this past week. We ask that EVERY student fill it out and return it for a free 100% in the grade book by tomorrow September 24th. We need to know how many students are interested in order to proceed forward. The trip is tentatively scheduled for Los Angeles, CA. If you did not receive the form, click on the link above to download it.
- Saturday September 29th is our first contest! We will perform at the Friendswood Marching Invitational. Our performance time is at 12:30 pm. Contest days are a
full day event. After performing we will bus back to CFHS and feed the students lunch. We will stay at CFHS in the auditorium and watch a movie to allow the students a chance to recuperate before we return to watch the last couple of bands and find out if we advance to FINALS! If chosen for FINALS, we will have a draw order and it will tell us the time of our finals performance. We will eat either eat dinner delivered to Friendswood and perform for finals or vice versa. We will have chaperones on hand at the high school during the down time and we STRONGLY encourage our students to bring their homework for this time.