Monday: Stadium Rehearsal
****Please wear your band shoes with long black socks for this event. We will bring our jackets and sheikos as well***
- 4:15 pm: Call Time at CFHS band hall to load
- 5:00 pm: Leave for Challenger by bus
- 5:30-8:00 pm: Rehearse at Challenger
- 8:45 pm: Ready for pickup at CFHS (approx.)
Tuesday, Thursday 3:30-6:00 pm
- The Color Guard will rehearse with the band on Monday at Challenger from 5:30-8:00.
- Tuesday/Thursday is from 4:30-7:00 as usual.
CLEAR FALLS VS. CLEAR SPRINGS HS
Challenger Stadium, 1955 W NASA Blvd, Webster, TX 77598
Friday Sept. 28th, 2018
- 2:50: Rehearsal at CFHS stadium, dressed in non-baggy athletic shorts, dri fit, LONG black socks, and band shoes.
- 3:50: Dinner and Loading. Please get uniform off of the rack before eating dinner
- 4:50: Inspection
- 5:15: Depart to Challenger Stadium
- 7:00: Kick off
- 10:00: Game end (approx.)
- 10:45: Arrive back at CFHS. All equipment and uniform parts MUST be put away BEFORE leaving the band hall.
THE CFHS BAND will dedicate this weeks halftime performance to Peyton Boaz! All uniform components including gloves, water bottle w/name, flip folder w/name, gauntlets, sheiko and box, must be visible and inspection must begin right at 4:50. Please use time between dinner and inspection to fill up your water bottle and not during inspection time. We will remain in uniform in the stands until the directors have asked you to remove any parts. The hat will remain in the box and carried into the stands. Students with long hair must have it in a bun or braids for inspection and the entirety of the game. Please see the handbook (pg. 15) for more details regarding the uniform procedures.
FRIENDSWOOD MARCHING INVITATIONAL
Henry Winston Stadium, 702 Greenbriar Ave Friendswood, TX 77546
Saturday, September 29th
- 7:00 am – Report Time/Show Run-throughs at Clear Falls HS (STUDENTS MUST WEAR SHOW SHIRT!)
- 8:15 am – Load for Friendswood/ Snack provided by boosters. PLEASE EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST BEFORE ARRIVAL
- 9:15 am – Depart for Friendswood
- 11:30 am – Warm-up
- 12:30 pm – Perform
- 1:00 pm – Depart for CFHS; eat lunch at school
- 3:15 pm – Board Busses
- 4:30 pm – Prelims awards
- 5:00 pm – Dinner after prelims awards (depending on finals draw time)
IF WE MAKE FINALS:
- 5:30 pm – Finals warmup begins (will depend on draw order
- 6:30 pm – Finals begins
- 9:30 pm – Finals awards
- 10:15 pm – Depart for CFHS
- 11:00 pm – Arrive at CFHS
Please wear your black shoes, long black socks and band SHOW SHIRT to run-through in the morning. We will not wear bibbers on the bus to Friendswood. Please remain in your band shirt/shorts for the duration of the trip. For the contest inspection, you will need to show three working reeds (Woodwinds), water bottle and proper band attire. You may bring money for any extra concessions eaten during Finals. We will provide a meal for lunch and dinner regardless if we make finals or not. If you do not have a meal plan, you will be responsible for bringing your meals for lunch and dinner that day. We may be in the audience for finals if we make it and depending on what time we perform, students please be courteous while bands are performing and abide by proper concert etiquette for the sake of others around you. We will be home at around 6 pm if we do not advance to finals. STUDENTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO BRING HOMEWORK TO WORK ON DURING THE DOWN-TIME AT THE CONTEST!!!