“You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.”–Aristotle
- A SUPER CONGRATULATIONS….to our students who performed in Beauty and the Beast. The performances were extremely well done and very professional.
- Congratulations to our Color Guard placing 4th out of 12th in the Dawson HS guard competition. Keep up the hard work!
Notes for Parents & Students:
- Final Spring Trip payment is $380 due IMMEDIATELY!
- BAND BOOSTER GENERAL MEETING! Tuesday February 5th, 6:30 pm at CFHS Band Hall. We are proposing many things and we need as many parents there to vote on some action items!
- The Mandatory Spring Trip meeting will be held at Clear Falls on February 19th at 7:00 pm for those going on the trip and a parent. All information regarding the trip will be given out at this meeting (including Federal policies for flying).
- Concert Band Uniform fittings will be held after school on the weeks of February 11th and 18th. More information to follow.
Rehearsals & Sectionals this week:
- Key: WE = Wind Ensemble, SB = Symphonic Band, CB = Concert Band
- Monday February 4th:
- CB Trumpets 2:45-3:30 pm
- SB Clarinets 3-4 pm
- WE Tpts 3:30-4:30 pm
- SB Low Voices 4-5 pm
- WE Flutes/Ob 4:30-5:30.
- Tuesday February 5th:
- CB Flute/Oboe/Clarinet 3:30-4:15
- SB Trumpets 3:30-4:30 pm
- Percussion Ensemble 3:30-6:00 pm (Sacrifical/Crown)
- WE Lows (Tuba, Bsax, Bcl, Bssn) 4:15-5:15 pm
- SB Tenor Voices 4:30-5:30 pm
- WE F horns 5:15-6:15 pm
- Wednesday February 6th:
- SB Alto Sax/Fhorns 3-4 pm
- WE Tsax/Euph/Tbone 3:30-4:30 pm
- SB Trombones 4-5 pm
- SB Flute/Oboe 5-6 pm
- Thursday February 7th:
- CB Lows (Tuba/B Sax/B Cl/Bssn) 3:30-4:15 pm
- Percussion Ensemble 3:30-6:00 pm (Selections TBD).
- Full Orchestra 3:30-5:00 pm
- WE Clarinets 5:15-6:15
- Friday February 8th:
- CB (Saxes, Tbns, Euph, Tsax, Bsax, BCL, Bsson)
- WE Saxes 3:30 pm
UIL Solo and Ensemble Participants
For students participating in the UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest (on February 9), there are a few updates:
- The second rehearsal, originally scheduled for January 31, is now rescheduled to February 7. This date is closer to the performance date on February 9.
- The fee for the accompanist is $35. Please pay in cash or make a check payable to Betsy Brownlee, NOT CFHS Band.
- The fee for performing a SOLO is $10 per student. Please pay cash or make a check payable to CFHS BAND.
- The fee for performing an ENSEMBLE is $8 per student (not per ensemble). Please pay cash or make a check payable to CFHS BAND.
Please let Mr. Zavalla know if you have any questions. Thank you!!
- Winter Guard rehearsals Monday and Wednesday 5:30- 8:30 pm at Mossman gym.
- Saturday 9-noon at Mossman gym.