“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”—J.K. Rowling
- CONGRATULATIONS….to our students who performed in the Clear Falls Percussion Ensemble Concert! Well done to all involved and a special thank you to Seabrook and Bayside Intermediate for their participation in the concert!
- Thank you to the students that represented the Clear Falls Band at the Stewart Fine Arts Night. They did an amazing job as street musicians! Elementary students and parents were excited about the musical opportunities that await for them at the next level.
Notes for Parents & Students:
- All Spring Trip forms must be completed before a student can travel on March 9th. The entire packet and forms are posted on clearfallsband.org
- For those who are going on the trip please go to https://www.tsa.gov/travel . Review the six tabs on the left regarding information about travel. Please make sure your student is in compliance in all areas. In the event your student is pulled out for a random search, there is nothing a director can do until the TSA officers complete their search. If a student is not in compliance and is detained, we will do all that we can to accommodate but the best thing to do is to make sure all laws are followed ahead of time.
- Full Band rehearsals for the Concert Band and Wind Ensemble begin this week. Wind Ensemble is Monday March 4th from 4-6 pm. Concert Band is on Wednesday March 6th 3:30-5 pm. We begin at 3:30 on Wednesday to accommodate for possible faculty meetings.
- There will be a Concerto Competition for ANY senior interested. The date to play is March 6th. For more information please see Mr. Zavalla IMMEDIATELY!
Events this week:
- Key: WE = Wind Ensemble, SB = Symphonic Band, CB = Concert Band
- There are no more percussion sectionals, students are to attend whatever rehearsals for their corresponding bands this week.
- Monday March 4th:
- Wind Ensemble Full Band 4-6 pm.
- Tuesday March 5th:
- SB Full Ww’s 3:30-4:45 pm.
- SB Full Brass 4:45-6:00 pm
- Wednesday March 6th:
- Concert Band Full Band 3:30-5 pm.
- Concerto Competition 4-5 pm.
- Thursday March 7th:
- Full Orchestra 3:30-4:40 pm
- Friday March 8th:
- NO REHEARSALS. GO HOME!!!
- Saturday March 9th:
- SPRING TRIP, meet at the band hall at 2:45 am.
- Winter Guard rehearsals
- Monday 5:30-8:30 pm at Mossman gym.
- Wednesday 5:30-8 pm at Falls (if we cannot secure a gym for Wednesday, rehearsal will be cancelled).
- Area contest is on
- March 23rd after the