“Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact-Robin S. Sharma-
involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have
to inspire team-mates and customers.”
Wishing Mr. Valdez a Speedy Recovery!
- Mr. Valdez is doing great from his surgery removing his appendix suddenly this past weekend. We are very thankful everything was caught in time and went smoothly. He should be back later this week.
Notes for Parents & Students:
- Pre-UIL for our Bands is coming up.
- The Concert Band and Symphonic Band are scheduled for April 15th at Clear Creek HS. Click here for Full Itineraries.
- The Wind Ensemble is scheduled for April 18th at Clear Springs High School. Detailed itinerary is TBD.
- Full Orchestra UIL will be on April 16th!
- This Tuesday April 2nd, the CFHS band is hosting Pre UIL at Clear Falls. No students will be allowed in the band hall areas before and during school, but should have access after school on Tuesday. The Symphonic Band have rehearsal on Tuesday at 3:30-5 and we will have ensemble room 2 open that morning for those who bring your instrument to school. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY. All students report to the auditorium for classes that day.
- The Knights Band needs your help! We are assembling a prop committee. We currently have 4 members and would like about 7 more including a prop committee chair. Our marching show next year will need these individuals to help with the production value and our prop committee is vital to the success! If you are interested please contact Mr. Zavalla at email@example.com.
- We have released the 2019-2020 Student Leadership application packet. If your student is interested, please download at the link above and have them come and see the directors.
Events this week:
- Monday April 1st: Wind Ensemble Full Band 4-6 pm., Mr. Matsiyak!
- Tuesday April 2nd: Symphonic Full Band 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Wednesday April 3rd : Concert Full Band 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Thursday April 4th: Full Orchestra 3:20-5:00 pm.
- Friday April 5th: NO REHEARSALS. GO HOME!!!
- No more after school Winter Guard Rehearsals.
- Tryouts for next year are scheduled for the week of May 20th.