“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”-Anonymous-
- Congratulations to the CFHS Varsity Full Orchestra (which combines top strings, winds and percussion) on their UIL Sweepstakes this week! What an amazing joint effort by our band and orchestra programs and directors!
- Pre-UIL for our bands was amazing. We got some great compliments and comments to help us prepare for next week.
Notes for Parents & Students:
- Full itineraries for UIL will be out tomorrow by the end of the day.
- The May calendar will be out tomorrow as well. It will be for the entire band like in the fall and not separated by band. We may need to move rehearsal/performances next week due to the details released by the UIL schedule and unforeseen conflicts. More info TBD.
- These are the last of our full band rehearsals. Attendance is vital to the success of our programs for UIL. We strongly feel that all of our groups are in great shape but we need to continue to push to the end.
- The Knights Band needs your help! We are assembling a prop committee. We currently have 4 members and would like about 7 more including a prop committee chair. Our marching show next year will need these individuals to help with the production value and our prop committee is vital to the success! If you are interested please contact Mr. Zavalla at email@example.com.
- The Knights Band released their 2019-2020 Student Leadership application packet. If your student is interested, please download at the link above and have them come and see the directors.
Events this week:
- Monday April 22nd:
- Leadership Introductory Meeting, 3-4 pm
- Wind Ensemble Full Band, 4-6 pm.
- Instruction for Leadership Candidates (SL, SC, DM), 6-8 pm
- Tuesday April 23rd: Symphonic Band rehearsal 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Wednesday April 24th: Concert Band 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Thursday April 25th:
- Full Orchestra 3:30-5:00 pm
- JAZZ BAND PERFORMANCE: 4pm call time, 4:00 pm at CFHS, Performance is 5:15-6:00.
- Conducting Seminar for Drum Major candidates, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Friday April 26th: NO REHEARSALS.
- All leadership paperwork due, 8:00 am, NO EXCEPTIONS
- There will be a guard rehearsal Tuesday 4-6 pm or Wednesday 4-6 pm; we can secure a gym to prepare for the pep rally.
- Color Guard tryouts will be on May 20th-23rd.
- Please spread the word to get more guard students.
- We are looking to have two guards next year if the numbers permit.