“Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.”-Samuel Johnson-
- Congratulations to the CFHS Varsity Full Orchestra (which combines top strings, winds and percussion) on their UIL Sweepstakes! What an amazing joint effort by our band and orchestra programs and directors!
Notes for Parents & Students:
- UIL WEEK is upon us! Please see the individual itineraries for Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble. Our transportation situations should be better this time around. Please come out and support all three of our groups going to contest! The bigger the crowd, that better.
- All three of our performing groups will be performing our UIL Send off-Teacher Appreciation Concert on Monday April 29th, 2019 at the CFHS Auditorium. The Concert Band will play at 3 pm, the Symphonic Band will perform at 3:30, and the Wind Ensemble will perform at 4:00 pm. The students will not be in concert attire for this event.
- The CFHS Band Spring Concert will be held on the evening of Friday, May 10th at 7 pm in the CFHS. This is a final exam grade for ALL band students regardless of eligibility. Guard, Jazz Band, Concert/Symphonic/Wind Ensemble, will all be performing on that evening.
- The Clear Falls Band Banquet will be held on the evening of Saturday May 11th at Challenger Columbia Stadium Field House, times 6-10 pm. All RSVPs are due to the band mailbox by Wednesday May 1st. Money is due with the RSVP form as well. We will resend the invite in a separate email tonight.
- Seniors! Please be part of our senior slide show! Send name, baby picture, current picture, college you are planning to attend (or alternate plans after high school) and major to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pictures for the band banquet slideshow (this is a different show) can be sent to email@example.com
- Mini grade marching camp will be held at CFHS from May 20-23rd. 5-7 pm We will be learning new music and learning our new marching technique. Attendance is mandatory for all band students for the 2019-20 school year. We may have a parent showcase for all band parents on the 23rd, more information to follow.
Events this week:
- Monday, April 29th: UIL Send off-Teacher Appreciation Concert
- Concert Band 3 pm
- Symphonic Band 3:30
- Wind Ensemble 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 30th: UIL Concert Band. 2:30 pm performance at Clear Lake High School.
- Wednesday, May 1st: UIL Symphonic Band. 4:00 pm performance at Clear Lake High School.
- Thursday, May 2nd: UIL Wind Ensemble 5:15 pm performance at Clear Lake High School.
- Friday, May 3rd: NO REHEARSALS.
- Color Guard Tryouts are on the week of May 20-23rd. 5-7 pm.