“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”-Leo Tolstoy-
- Welcome to the Knights Creed! Please see below for information regarding current events for the Knights Band.
- Thank you to our leadership for their hard work to setup our 2019 band camp. These students are a special group of students whom we are very confident will lead our band to our best season yet!
- A HUGE thank you to the roadie crew who worked our first trailer workday. The crew was small, but mighty, and had a very productive day! Stay on the lookout for the next roadie trailer workday as we continue to get the new trailer ready for marching season.
- Also, a BIG thank you for those parents who helped us with our first Saturday equipment day and uniform fittings! It went very smoothly, and it is something we will continue to develop in the future.
Notes for Parents and Students
- Students must have a current athletic physical on file BEFORE they will be allowed to participate in our Summer Band Camp. A physical form can be downloaded by clicking above.
- Any student that did not attend the equipment day will be given a triplicate with the equipment items to take home. Please return the form and fees immediately so that we can order all items needed. If there are any questions please email Mr. Moreno.
- For summer band ALL students must bring a water jug, athletic shoes to march, their instrument/music, and a positive mindset! Although we will be outside for certain portions of the day, (the cooler mornings and later around 5 pm when the temperatures drop) we ask that students refrain from wearing any clothing deemed inappropriate by adults. (Length of shorts, revealing tops, etc.) Please use discretion when dressing for camp.
- Reminder that lunch is from noon to 1 pm. Lunches will not be provided, and we ask that 9th grade students DO NOT ride with upper class students. Please make sure all students are back and ready to rehearse 5 minutes before the set time to make sure that we are being maximizing productivity.
- The schedule for summer band is from 7 am to 6:30 pm on Monday-Thursday this week and next week. Please see the website calendar for more information.
- We still have a group of students to fit into uniforms and we will do so this week during camp. Please have your student wear non baggy shorts to do this fitting.
Events this week:
- Monday 7/29- Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Tuesday 7/30: Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Wednesday 7/31: Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Thursday 8/1: Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Friday 8/1: NO Summer Band; DAY OFF
Future dates to watch for:
- Friday 8/9- “Band Lockin”; 4 pm to 9 pm; CFHS all invited! There will be a cost for food for those who’d like to eat, but it is not mandatory
- Friday 8/16- Parent Performance/Booster Sponsored Hamburger/Hot Dog Social; 7pm at CFHS Band Practice Parking lot (bring a folding chair), burgers and dogs served after the performance!
- Please remember that we begin tomorrow at 7 am and to bring athletic shoes to wear outside as well as a full water jug!