“Be driven, be focused, but enjoy every moment, because it only happens once.”-Alicia Keys-
Update: Practice this Wednesday 8/7 will end at 6 pm so Freshman can attend Knight Life Orientation. On Thursday 8/8 upper class students will be released to pick up schedules at 4pm and practice will resume at 4:30.
- Welcome to the Knights Creed! Please see below for information regarding current events for the Knights Band.
- What an incredible first week. We are off to a great start. Our focus has been more about individual effort and achievement. 100% effort from everyone is our expectation.
- The word for this week is DRIVE. Our drive is to continually push towards our goals no matter the obstacles in our way!
- Students from each class are in a competition to raise funds to support the Band Boosters (and in thanks for the fabulous trailer). Donations of $5 and above will be recorded by the drum major assigned to each class. Any class that exceeds $1500 will be acknowledged on the trailer. Students, you can get your parents and family to chip in as well! Progress is posted in the band hall. The competition goes through Parent Preview night.
- Class of 2020: Maggie
- Class of 2021: Sydney
- Class of 2022: Jorden
- Class of 2023: Tarryn
- Spare change should be donated to vote for stand tunes…see the jars in the band hall.
- Time is running out for larger donations and trailer acknowledgments for families or business names to be printed on the trailer. Contact Erik Papaleo if interested.
Notes for Parents and Students
- Movement 1 with step outs is required to be played by tomorrow 8/4. Individuals will be heard by a section leader for accountability. Also, please make sure all of your music is marked with correct set counts for the leadership to check. Memorized would be preferred.
- If your student has not been to camp this past week, please notify Mr. Moreno immediately so he can get in touch with Kim Benoit to get fitted for a uniform.
- Any student that did not attend the equipment day will be given a triplicate with the equipment items to take home. Please return the form and fees immediately so that we can order all items needed. If there are any questions please email Mr. Moreno.
- For summer band ALL students must bring a water jug, athletic shoes to march, their instrument/music, and a positive mindset! Although we will be outside for certain portions of the day, (the cooler mornings and later around 5 pm when the temperatures drop) we ask that students refrain from wearing any clothing deemed inappropriate by adults. (Length of shorts, revealing tops, etc.) Please use discretion when dressing for camp.
- Reminder that lunch is from noon to 1 pm. Lunches will not be provided, and we ask that 9th grade students DO NOT ride with upper class students. Please make sure all students are back and ready to rehearse 5 minutes before the set time to make sure that we are being maximizing productivity.
- The schedule for summer band is from 7 am to 6:30 pm on Monday-Thursday this week. Please see the website calendar for more information.
- In order to volunteer for the band, you must have completed a CCISD Volunteer Background Check online. Once your applications is completed, please forward your approval notification to Mr. Moreno email@example.com along with your First and Last Name and birthdate . If you have been approved in the past, you do not need to apply again.
- We are in need of parent help for the 8/9 Band Lock-in, all volunteers must have the background check approved.
Events this week:
- Monday 8/5: Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Tuesday 8/6: Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Wednesday 8/7: Summer Band 7 am to 6:00 pm (Freshman go to Knight Life Orientation at 6:00 pm)
- Thursday 8/8: Summer Band 7 am to 6:30 pm (Upper class students released from 4:00 to 4:30 pm for schedule pickup)
- Friday 8/9: NO Summer Band; Knights Band “I Survived Band Camp Lock-in” 4-9 pm at CFHS. All students are invited. No cost to attend, $5 for all who would like to eat (pizza, drinks, snacks)–Volunteers needed to support this event.
Future dates to watch for:
- Evening rehearsals only on August 12th-16th. 4-8 pm.
- Friday 8/16- Parent Performance/Booster Sponsored Hamburger/Hot Dog Social; 7pm at CFHS Band Practice Parking lot (bring a folding chair), burgers and dogs served after the performance!
- The costumes are amazing! We can already feel the chill ove winter in a hot August.
- Please remember that we begin tomorrow at 7 am and to bring athletic shoes to wear outside as well as a full water jug!