“Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.”-Paulo Coelho-
- Thank you to all of our students for successful completion of the long weeks of band camp! They did fantastic and the band is headed in the right direction!
- Thank you for our parent volunteers at the band lock-in. It was a huge success and the students and directors had a blast. Also a special thank you to Mr. Mapp, Mr. Tran and Mr. Brockway who made an appearance to play dodge ball with our students!
- Thank you to our PROP committee for all of your hard work so far with building our props! They are coming right along and look fantastic!
Fundraiser Class Competition:
- Students, parents and families! We are raising funds for the Band Boosters to help support activities (including in thanks for the purchase of the fabulous trailer!).
- Each Class is in a competition to raise funds. Donations of $5 and above will be recorded by the drum major assigned to each class. Any class that exceeds $1500 will be acknowledged on the trailer.
- Class of 2020: Maggie
- Class of 2021: Sydney
- Class of 2022: Jorden
- Class of 2023: Tarryn
- Students, the way to meet the class goals is to reach out and ask family and friends to support the band! Checks can be made out to “Clear Falls Band Boosters” and write class of 20XX on the subject line.
- Progress is posted in the band hall, and will be announced. The top class will receive a special reward.
Notes for Parents and Students
- Rehearsals this week will be from 4-8 pm, Monday-Friday. Parent Showcase is on Friday at 7pm at the CFHS Band Practice parking lot.
- The word for this week is FOCUS. If we are focused, we are able to reach ANY goal we set our minds to no matter the obstacles that stand in our way.
- Tomorrow Mr. Agard will be our guest clinician. We are looking forward to his help as we progress in the season.
- Any student that did not attend the equipment day will be given a triplicate with the equipment items to take home. Please return the form and fees immediately so that we can order all items needed. If there are any questions please email Mr. Moreno.
- The September calendar is ready for distribution. You should receive it in a charms email tomorrow. The full calendar for the first semester should be on www.clearfallsband.org under the calendar tab as well. We are trying to make everything electronic this year to save the districts resources on paper.
Events this week:
- Monday 8/12: Summer Band, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Tuesday 8/13: Summer Band, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Wednesday 8/14: Summer Band, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Thursday 8/15: Summer Band, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Friday 8/16:
- Rehearsal, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Parent Showcase, 7 pm, Band Practice Parking lot (bring a folding chair); Followed by Booster Meeting and Hamburger/Hot Dog Social after the performance!
- Possible Band Picture Day (More info. to follow)
Future dates to watch for:
- After school band rehearsal begins on 8/19 at 3:30-6:00 pm.
- Guard, please remember to wear your blue shirt and black shorts for tomorrows rehearsal.
- This week is 4-8 pm for the guard as well.