Skip to content
- Thank you, students and parents, for an incredible first week back!
- The next Spring Trip installment is due on Wednesday January 15th. All charms accounts should be updated by tomorrow morning with the trip fees paid. If you see any discrepancies, please notify Mr. Moreno.
- There were some typos on the Wind Ensemble January calendar. The clarinet sectional is on Tuesday in place of the 2nd spot marked “LOWS”. The low voices are slated for Mondays at 5:30, not 5:15, the time reflected on the calendar. Also, the both weeks of the Tuesday/Thursday full wws/brass. Brass are on Tuesdays both weeks and Ww’s are on Thursday both weeks as well.
- The weeks follows the regular individual sectional schedule and percussion ensemble . Please see UPCOMING EVENTS and refer to the calendar.
- In February the Knights Band will be hosting a fundraiser to raise funds for Props, Additional Electronic needs, Clinicians, and Marching Technicians. More details to follow, we need everyone on board to help us as next year is a STATE year for the Knights Band.
- Solo and Ensemble season is upon us! In addition to preparing for UIL, we need our students diligently preparing for Solo and Ensemble (UIL-Feb. 8th, CFHS-Feb. 22nd) Students should be able to play top to bottom on their solos by now, if not, they must catch up as they are behind. Those students who signed up for UIL MUST bring in their fees beginning tomorrow Jan. 13th. ($10 per solo)
- Mr. Moreno will be contacting students that have past due band fees. If you have any outstanding fees, please feel free to contact Mr. Moreno in advance. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congratulations to all of our students who competed at AREA this past weekend! We are so proud of your diligence and dedication to make it to that contest. Another congrats to our students that qualified for the TMEA ALL STATE Convention. Tarryn Goldner on Bassoon (3rd chair), Andrew Sukal on Percussion (3rd chair), and Americo Zapata on Trumpet (1st chair). Well done!
- There is a individual picture make up day tomorrow Jan. 13 during classes.
Upcoming Events (includes recent changes):
- Monday January 13th:
- 2:45 pm, CB: Tuba, Bari Sax;
- 3:30-Symph Horns, WE Tpts
- 4:30-Symph Alto Saxes, WE Flutes/Oboe
- 5:30-Symph Mid Voices, WE Lows (Tuba, Bassoon, Bass Clarinet, Bari Sax)
- Tuesday January 14th:
- 3:30- Percussion Ensemble, CB Trumpets, Symph Flutes/Oboe
- 4:15-WE Clarinets,
- 4:35-Symph Tpts
- 5:15-WE Horns,
- 5:40-Symph Low Voices
- Wednesday January 15th:
- 3:30-Symph Clarinets, WE Tbone, Euph, Tsax
- Thursday January 16th:
- 3:30-Percussion Ensemble, Full Orchestra, CB Flutes/Clarinets
- 4:15- WE Saxes
- Full Brass and Ww’s: Week of Jan. 21st
- CB-Concert Band
- Symph-Symphonic Band
- WE- Wind Ensemble
- Regular guard schedule this week.
- There will be guard rehearsal on January 20th.