Skip to content
- Full Sectional schedule for this week!
- The next Spring Trip installment is due on Monday February 17th. All charms accounts should be updated by tomorrow morning with the trip fees paid. If you see any discrepancies, please notify Mr. Moreno.
- The weeks follows the regular individual sectional schedule and percussion ensemble . Please see UPCOMING EVENTS and refer to the calendar.
- Our show reveal was unveiled on Friday January 24th. The theme of the 2020 Production is entitled “Afraid”. We are very excited about the show and will continue to develop the ideas. The music is currently being written as we type this.
- In February the Knights Band will be hosting a fundraiser to raise funds for Props, Additional Electronic needs, Clinicians, and Marching Technicians. The fundraiser will be an online donation through a company called FanAngel. We are shooting for the goal of $30,000! The fundraiser will start on February on Monday February 10th and conclude on Friday March 6th.
- Solo and Ensemble season is upon us! In addition to preparing for UIL, we need our students diligently preparing for Solo and Ensemble (UIL-Feb. 8th, CFHS-Feb. 22nd) Students should be able to play top to bottom on their solos by now, if not, they must catch up as they are behind. Funds for the piano accompanist are due on the first rehearsal date (scheduled later). The cost of a class 2/3 solo is $25 and $35 for a class 1.
- Mr. Moreno will be contacting students that have past due band fees. If you have any outstanding fees, please feel free to contact Mr. Moreno.
- The Wind Ensemble Side by Side rehearsal was a TREMENDOUS success. Our students represented our program well and all had a great time! Many of the 8th graders came and told me they LOVE our high school band students. Thank you all for your sacrifice to make this fun for our incoming 8th grade students. The Symphonic Band will do a side by side with the Seabrook 2nd band on Wednesday February 5th 3:30-5:30 at Seabrook. We will bus the students to the school. Please bring a snack for this event.
- The CFHS Jazz Band Concert scheduled for February 11th has been moved to playing on the opening of the Percussion Concert on February 25th. More details to follow…..
- Monday January 27th:
- 2:45 pm, CB: Tuba, Bari Sax;
- 3:30-Symph Horns, WE Tpts
- 4:30-Symph Alto Saxes, WE Flutes/Oboe
- 5:30-Symph Mid Voices, WE Lows (Tuba, Bassoon, Bass Clarinet, Bari Sax)
- Tuesday January 28th:
- 3:30- Percussion Ensemble, CB Trumpets, Symph Flutes/Oboe
- 4:15-WE Clarinets,
- 4:35-Symph Tpts
- 5:15-WE Horns,
- 5:40-Symph Low Voices
- Wednesday January 29th:
- 3:30-Symph Clarinets, WE Tbone, Euph, Tsax
- Thursday January 30th:
- 3:30-Percussion Ensemble, Full Orchestra, CB Flutes/Clarinets
- 4:15- WE Saxes
- Friday January 31st:
- 2:45-CB: Saxes/Euph/Tsax/Tbone
- CB-Concert Band
- Symph-Symphonic Band
- WE- Wind Ensemble
- Regular guard schedule this week.
- Thursday rehearsal shortened to 4-5 pm