Skip to content
- Full Sectional schedule for this week!
- The next Spring Trip installment is due on Monday February 17th. All charms accounts should be updated by tomorrow morning with the trip fees paid. If you see any discrepancies, please notify Mr. Moreno.
- The weeks follows the regular individual sectional schedule and percussion ensemble . Please see UPCOMING EVENTS and refer to the calendar.
- The Knights Band will be hosting a fundraiser to raise funds for Props, Additional Electronic needs, Clinicians, and Marching Technicians. The fundraiser will be an online donation through a company called FanAngel. We are shooting for the goal of $30,000! The fundraiser will start on February on Monday February 10th and conclude on Friday March 6th. We need “all hands on deck” for this event!
- Solo and Ensemble season is upon us! In addition to preparing for UIL, we need our students diligently preparing for Solo and Ensemble (UIL-Feb. 8th, CFHS-Feb. 22nd) Students should be able to play top to bottom on their solos by now, if not, they must catch up as they are behind. Funds for the piano accompanist are due on the first rehearsal date (scheduled later). The cost of a class 2/3 solo is $25 and $35 for a class 1.
- Mr. Moreno will be contacting students that have past due band fees. If you have any outstanding fees, please feel free to contact Mr. Moreno.
- The Wind Ensemble Side by Side rehearsal was a TREMENDOUS success. Our students represented our program well and all had a great time! Many of the 8th graders came and told me they LOVE our high school band students. Thank you all for your sacrifice to make this fun for our incoming 8th grade students. The Symphonic Band will do a side by side with the Seabrook 2nd band on Wednesday February 5th 3:30-5:30 at Seabrook. We will bus the students to the school. Please bring a snack for this event.
- Congratulations to our Winter JV and Varsity Guards! Our JV guard took 2nd place (out of 9) in their class at their first performance ever and Varsity placed 3rd (out of 8) for their class. There is great growth happening in our program! We are in need of additional parent help, but any parent wishing to help at shows please contact Mr. Whelan. Background checks MUST be complete before ANY parent can be around our students.
- Monday February 3rd:
- 2:45 pm, CB: Tuba, Bari Sax;
- 3:30-Symph Horns, WE Tpts
- 4:30-Symph Alto Saxes, WE Flutes/Oboe
- 5:30-Symph Mid Voices, WE Lows (Tuba, Bassoon, Bass Clarinet,
- Bari Sax)
- Tuesday February 4th:
- 3:30- Percussion Ensemble, CB Trumpets, Symph Flutes/Oboe
- 4:15-WE Clarinets,
- 4:35-Symph Tpts
- 5:15-WE Horns,
- 5:40-Symph Low Voices
- Wednesday February 5th:
- 3:30-Symph Clarinets, WE Tbone, Euph, Tsax
- SB: Side by Side Rehearsal at Seabrook
- Thursday February 6th:
- 3:30-Percussion Ensemble, Full Orchestra, CB Flutes/Clarinets
- 4:15- WE Saxes
- Friday February 7th:
- 2:45-CB: Saxes/Euph/Tsax/Tbone
- CB-Concert Band
- Symph-Symphonic Band
- WE- Wind Ensemble
- Regular guard schedule this week.
- There will be new choreography/staging introduced this week at each rehearsal.