Skip to content
- A special Congratulations to our All-State Band students Tarry Goldner, Andrew Sukal, and Americo Zapata for a LEGENDARY job at the All-State Concerts on Saturday in San Antonio. All groups sounded wonderful and these students represented themselves, their families, Clear Falls and CCISD VERY WELL. Thank you all!!
- Piano listenings this week. Mrs. Brownlee and Mr. Hervey’s lists are posted in the band hall hallway. Students MUST bring their fee on their FIRST listening.
- The next Spring Trip installment is due on Tuesday February 18th. All charms accounts should be updated by tomorrow morning with the trip fees paid. If you see any discrepancies, please notify Mr. Moreno.
- Percussion rehearsals are this week Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-6:30. Full orchestra percussion will attend the Full Orchestra Rehearsal on Thursday from 3:30-5 and transitions into the percussion ensemble after Full Orchestra is over.
- Our FanAngel Fundraiser is off to a FANTASTIC start. We have more families participating than last time we ran this fundraiser and we are on track to meet our goal! Thank you so much for being willing to take this step for the students of our program!
- Solo and Ensemble eligibility. In order to participate in the Feb. 22nd S/E, all students must be eligible. Students that passed Q2 and P5 are eligible. Students that did not pass will need to pass the P6 grade pull. This grading period ended Friday Friday 14th and the grades will be finalized by Tuesday at 4 pm. Please help us monitor your student’s grades. Students that do not pass will have to be heard by a director at their final piano time.
- Mr. Moreno will be contacting students that have past due band fees. If you have any outstanding fees, please feel free to contact Mr. Moreno in advance.
- The next side by side will be for the Wind Ensemble on Friday, February 21st. We will bus the students to and from Seabrook. Times are 4:00-6:30 pm. We will arrive back at Falls around 7 pm.
- There are no band sectionals after school this week. Only piano listenings for Saturday’s Solo and Ensemble.
Upcoming Events (please note some recent changes):
- Monday February 17th:
- Tuesday February 18th:
- Piano Listenings; Percussion Ensemble rehearsal 3:30-6:30
- Wednesday February 19th
- Thursday February 20th
- Friday February 21st
- WE Side by Side with Seabrook; Piano Listenings
- ***Full Band for WE to begin on Monday February 24th from 4-6 pm. Full Band rehearsals for the other groups will begin after Spring Break*****
- CB-Concert Band
- Symph-Symphonic Band
- WE- Wind Ensemble
- Regular guard schedule this week.
- Clear Creek Contest this Friday February 21st.