Skip to content
- Congratulations to the percussion section for an OUTSTANDING concert. It was well attended by the largest crowed we’ve ever had for this concert and the playing was SPECTACULAR!
- The next Spring Trip installment is due on Monday March 16th. All charms accounts should be updated with the trip fees paid. If you see any discrepancies, please notify Mr. Moreno. Mandatory Spring Trip meeting for those students attending and a parent will be held on March 19th in the band hall or auditorium at 7 pm.
- Mr. Moreno will be contacting students/parents that have past due band fees. If you have any outstanding fees, please feel free to contact Mr. Moreno in advance to setup a payment plan for the rest of the year. email@example.com
- The Wind Ensemble rehearsal with Mr. Matysiak was great! Tomorrow is our next full band rehearsal with Mr. Mac! 4-6 pm. Percussionists are now required to show up to their respective after school band rehearsals for the rest of the year.
- The Clear Falls Full Orchestra Pre UIL was SOLID, and they are a few weeks away from their UIL performance. More details to follow!
- The Concert Band will have regularly scheduled sectionals this week. If students are not able to attend on Friday due to not being at school right before Spring Break, please let Mr. Moreno know and another sectional maybe be attended on another day. We are trying to finalize some details for our project piece “American Riversongs”. Flute/Clarinet sectional will be cancelled on Thursday.
- The Symphonic Band will have their side by side rehearsal with Bayside’s 2nd band on Tuesday immediately after school. Please meet Mr. Moreno at 2:40 pm in the band hall to walk to Bayside. This is not mandatory for the entire band. We know students are preparing for 9 weeks testing so monitor your time accordingly and have your student let us know if their attendance is possible.
- Students will be fit for their concert band uniforms this week on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday is SAT testing for 11th grade, so we will try to get them done on Tuesday. Boys need to purchase a tuxedo shirt for the contest season with a black bow tie. We do not require cumber buns. Our first time to wear tuxes and dresses as a band will be for Pre UIL on April 14th and 15th. The full orchestra will wear tuxes and dresses for UIL in late March.
- Monday March 2nd:
- CB Sectionals: Tuba/Bari Sax 2:45-3:30
- Wind Ensemble Full Band: 4-6 pm
- Tuesday March 3rd:
- CB Trumpet Sectionals: Trumpets 3:30-4:15
- SB Full Band 3:30-4:30
- Thursday March 5th
- CB Flutes/Clarinets: CANCELLED
- Full Orchestra 3:30-5:00 pm
- Friday March 6th
- CB-Concert Band
- Symph-Symphonic Band
- WE- Wind Ensemble
- Regular guard schedule this week.